Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I was in charge of my first Thanksgiving. We're watching my younger siblings for the weekend, and even though our whole family won't be getting together to celebrate until Saturday, I just couldn't not do Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving Day. So Mike, the kids and I made a feast and set the table all fancy. Then we did our traditional Thanksgiving Prayer where we go around the table and everyone tells GOD what we're thankful for. Some of today's prayers of gratitude included:
  • A house to live in
  • Being adopted into a great family
  • Food
  • Those who helped prepare our food
  • Critters....from pets to chipmunks
  • Having a job
  • Education
  • A break from school
  • Talent (our own and others' to enjoy)
  • and last but not least.....FAMILY!! In fact all 8 of us around the table mentioned how grateful we are for our family - thank you LORD!!

Right now I am just thankful for having survived the chaos of preparing a big meal (with 5 overly-eager helpers) and cleaning up after it (with 5 now under-eager helpers), and for the goofiness we enjoyed while doing so! :)


I truly am grateful for my life, my family and being among those who are blessed with abundance - not only of food, but of love, laughter and joy!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

No comments:

More Favorites