Friday, July 16, 2010

Lost locks

They're gone! My long locks are gone!!

The last few years of growing my hair out have paid off....yesterday I cut off my hair and donated it to Locks of Love (the organization that makes and donates hair pieces to children who suffer hair-loss from cancer or other illnesses). The first time I did this was inspired by a male RA partner of mine in college who was growing out his hair to donate...two years after that I had enough to donate myself (ask my little brother how that turned out :D). I'm not sure what inspired me to grow it out and do it again, but I did. Here are the results:

BEFORE


AFTER


And luckily Adrian still recognizes his mom (my only worry with cutting it). Thanks Locks of Love for your ministry, and thanks Mike Goodwin for the initial inspiration 8 years ago!

1 comment:

Jolaine said...

Very nice!! I donated my hair in December, it's such a great feeling to know that it's going to a worthwhile place.

Love the new haircut!! Very cute!

More Favorites